Friday, May 28, 2010

Workout Music

I'm in dire need of some workout music. Now, I normally pride myself on my excellent taste in music, but when I work out, I like some crappy stuff. Generally, I listen to rock, but I enjoy a lot of pop and r&b when I'm on a treadmill or cross trainer. I'm starting to get bored with what I have on my iPod and boredom = laziness and shaving minutes off my cardio.

Here is my current list (Don't judge me! Stop looking at me like that!):
Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend
Basement Jaxx- Good Luck
Basshunter- Boten Anna, Vi Sitter i Ventrillo, Tetris
Beck - Loser, Mixed Bizness
Billy Joel- It's Still Rock 'n Roll to Me, Uptown Girl, The Longest Time
Blind Melon- No Rain
Blink 182- Online Songs, The Rock Show, What's My Age Again
Blue Oyster Cult - Godzilla
Bon Jovi- Livin' on a Prayer, Wanted Dead or Alive, You Give Love a Bad Name
Bowling for Soup - 1985
Britney Spears- Womanizer, Circus, Toxic
Chevelle- Jars, Vitamin R
Christina Aguilera- Ain't No Other Man
Darude - Sandstorm
Daft Punk- Stronger, Harder, Faster, One More Time
David Bowie- Suffragete City, Ziggy Stardust
Destiny's Child - Survivor, Jumpin' Jumpin'
Dropkick Murphys- Shippin' Up to Boston
Drowning Pool- Bodies
Elton John- Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting, Rocket Man, Bennie and the Jets
Eve 6- Beautiful Oblivion
Fallout Boy- Sugar We're Going Down, Dance Dance
Fatboy Slim- The Rockefeller Skank, Brimful of Asha
Flo Rida- Right Round, Get Low (it hurts me to type that as much as it hurts you to see it)
Foo Fighters- All My Life, Learn to Fly, Monkeywrench
Garbage- I Think I'm Paranoid, When I Grow Up
Goldfinger - Mable
Green Day- Pulling Teeth, Pop Rocks and Coke, Minority, Basket Case, When I Come Around
The Hives- Main Offense, Hate to Say I Told You So
Hole- Celebrity Skin
Incubus- Megalomaniac
Jamiroquai- Canned Heat
Justin Timberlake- My Love (Oakenfold remix), Sexy Back
Katy Perry- I Kissed a Girl, Hot n Cold
Ke$ha- Tik Tok, Your Love is My Drug (I SAID DON'T JUDGE ME)
Lady Gaga- Just Dance, Telephone, Poker Face, Bad Romance
Linkin Park- Papercut, Forgotten, Faint, Nobody's Listening, Given Up
Lucky Boys Confusion- Hey Driver, Atari
Michael Jackson- Thriller, Beat It, Billie Jean
Mika- Grace Kelly, Lollipop, Love Today, Big Girl, Ring Ring, Good Gone Girl, Touches You
Mudvayne- Dig, Fucking Determined, Happy
Muse- every song atm since I just got the albums and wanted to listen to them all before I choose which ones can stay
Nightwish- Amaranth, Over the Hills
NiN- The Hand That Feeds, Only, Head Like a Hole, Terrible Lie, Down in It, Sanctified, Something I can Never Have, Kinda I Want To, Sin, That's What I Get, The Beginning of the End, Survivalism
No Doubt- Bathwater, Just a Girl
OK Go- Here it Goes Again (listen to this on a treadmill after watching the video, I dare you.)
Orianthi- According to You
Pink- So What, Stupid Girls, U and Ur Hand (the spelling, it burns)
Powerman 5000- When Worlds Collide, Nobody's Real, Action
Queen- Bohemian Rhapsody, Another One Bites the Dust, Killer Queen, Fat Bottomed Girls, Don't Stop Me Now, Crazy Little Thing Called Love, Somebody to Love, Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy, Bicycle Race
Rhianna and Maroon 5- If I Never See Your Face Again
Static X- This is Not, Push It, I'm With Stupid
Stone Temple Pilots- Unglued, Sex Type Thing, Days of the Week
Sum 41 - Fat Lip, Motivation
Taio Cruz - Break Your Heart
The Killers- Mr. Brightside, Somebody Told Me
The Lonely Island- Jizz in My Pants, I'm on a Boat, Like a Boss
Timbaland- Release, Throw It On Me, One & Only, 2 Man Show
Trapt- Headstrong
Usher- Caught Up
various Disney songs >.>
Vanilla Ice- Ice Ice Baby (yes, you just read that)
Zebrahead- Rescue Me, Hello Tomorrow, Into You, Playmate of the Year, Now or Never, Go, Subtract You



Please please please give me some more music! As you can tell, I have no dignity when it comes to shameless poppy crap, as long as it has a good beat. I feel like such an old lady saying that...

3 comments:

  1. Get the new Powerman5000 album - a lot of the tracks are really good for getting you pumped up - especially on the first half of the album. Also, get "Drop the Bombshell"

    Get some Rammstein - Du Hast, Amerika, Feuer Frei and Pussy (for a good laugh - I LOVE it!)

    "Archetype" by Fear Factory (the song, the album was just meh)

    Some Dethklok songs are pretty good for getting the adrenaline up... get both albums and pick and choose I guess, as I don't remember the names of the songs, lol...

    For cheesy pop/dance get Aqua's Aquarium and some Captain Jack... "Runaway" by Real McCoy, "What is Love?" by Haddaway

    Maybe some Black Eyed Peas...

    Buckcherry - Next to You, Highway Star

    Britney Spears' "3"

    Check out Celldweller - he's got a lot of good stuff, he's rock/electronica/industrial

    3Oh!3 - "Don't Trust Me"

    Some classic Van Halen like "Hot for Teacher" and "Panama"

    Motley Crue "Kickstart My Heart"

    Disturbed's "Liberate" and "Perfect Insanity"

    Rob Zombie - Superbeast, Scum of the Earth, maybe Thunderkiss '65 and Dragula and Living Dead Girl

    maybe Iron Maiden's Run to the Hills...

    More Static X (then again I'm biased though, lol...)

    "I Turn to You" by Mel C

    "Love is Gone" by David Guetta

    Get some MSI (Mindless Self Indulgence) - Straight to Video is a good one)

    "Burn it to the Ground" by Nickelback

    "You're Gonna Go Far, Kid" and "The Kid's Aren't Alright" by The Offspring

    "Ready to Go" by Republica

    "Pistolero" by Robert Rodriguez from the Once Upon a Time in Mexico soundtrack

    "Face to Face" and "Enemy" by Sevendust

    "Devour" by Shinedown

    "Hell Song" by Sum41 and "Little Miss Know-It-All" with Iggy Pop

    System of a Down - "Chop Suey" and "BYOB"

    "If We Ever Meet Again" - Timbaland and Katy Perry

    "Running Down a Dream" - Tom Petty

    "Ocean Ave" - Yellowcard


    I just went through our iTunes, lol...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i feel the same way about my playlist. some of the songs, i just hope nobody finds out i listen to... I'm such a Kesha fan (when working out,) it's not even right.

    some of my favorite songs to workout to:
    The Veronicas: "Untouched"
    Yo Gotti: "5 star B----"
    The Killers: "When you Were Young"
    Against Me!: "Thrash Unreal"
    Akon: "Beautiful"
    Rhianna: "Disturbia" and "Rude Boy"
    Tom Petty: "Won't Back Down"
    OAR: "Shattered"
    and almost any Lady GaGa song...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much!

    And yeah, Valerie, I should be mocked forever for the amount of times I have hit the back button to hear Tik Tok again.

    ReplyDelete