Thursday, May 27, 2010

Go Cubs, Go (and Jeny)

So, I figured I would be taking a few days off from the gym when my friends Shannon and Matt came to town. We had tickets to three Cubs vs. Rangers games and I assumed I would be eating stadium food and drinking large amounts of beer. I surprised myself by actually drinking mainly Michelob Ultra and choosing salads over anything else. I somehow manged to watch my carbs and my calories and still enjoy the games! I'll be honest, I snuck a few fries from Matt's chicken fingers basket, but on the whole I was good!

I resumed my workouts on Tuesday (I took 4 days off, bad!) and things went well. I am at the point in my weight lifting routine where I need to be doing heavier weight and only 6-8 reps. I hurt everywhere. EVERYWHERE. Places that don't even have names. Today is just a cardio day, so I am going to run a bit on the treadmill in my tiny apartment gym later tonight. After my WoW raid that is...

I ended up losing about a pound in the last week, which I guess is okay considering that I have been putting on a ton of muscle. I now fit into my larger size 12 pants and am SOOOO close to my smaller ones! I am going to Chicago next week, so I hope to be a little smaller (and a little tanner, time to hit the pool tomorrow) by then.

Mood: happy and hungry
Weight: 186

No comments:

Post a Comment