Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Setback?

I've been in bed for a week. I hurt my back in an embarrassingly freak accident at work. I was loading a TV for a customer (something I do on a regular basis but this one was a little heavier than normal) and randomly pinched a nerve and strained my lower back muscles. First off, I'm very sad that my muscles betrayed me like that. I mean, I spent SO much time getting stronger and the first chance I get to show off, I end up on my back. Literally. So embarrassing. Second, I can almost FEEL my muscles atrophying. I know they're not, since I still have to walk to the bathroom and the kitchen and sit at my desk occasionally to do homework, but it feels like it. I can't work out for two weeks or so and it is TORTURE. I feel like I'm having withdrawals.

On the plus side, I have been forced to count every calorie and watch everything I am putting into my system. I have sworn off anything processed and diet soda and I am only drinking water now. This seems to have paid off because I have lost 4 lbs. 4! This is so unfair it isn't even funny. I have busted my ass working out and as soon as I take a week off, I shrink. My (new, smaller) pants are fitting so much looser and even my underwear is almost too big for me now. I sense a major shopping spree coming up as soon as I have some money. I can't believe that in three more pounds I have lost 30! That's a small child!

My 12 week lifting program is over and now it's time to work out a fat burning (while continuing to lift moderate weight) program for when I finally get back to the gym! I'm planning on working in a lot more cardio during the week with four days of lifting. I am apparently 23.8% bodyfat (or was a week ago before my bedrest started), which is low-ish, but my goal is around 15%.

Weight: 175
Mood: Bored and longing to go back to normal

No comments:

Post a Comment