Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Addicted

I almost snuck into the gym today. I can only go to work four hours at a time, per my doctor, and no gym time whatsoever. He told me I should be able to at least ride a bike by next week, but not to do any cardio machines or walk excessively this week. He did, however, say that swimming is just fine (the other doctor I saw two weeks ago told me the same, but it hurt too much to even consider then). In fact, he encouraged me to swim since it's such a good workout and would work my back muscles without putting any strain on the nerve. I have gone swimming several times in the last week, but I still miss the gym!

I had to go to Gamestop after work today to change a game reservation and the store is conveniently located right next door to Bally's. I sat in the parking lot for a good 10 minutes pondering just going in to weigh myself on my usual scale (I don't 100% trust my bathroom scale). Then I pondered going home and changing and going in to just ride a bike slowly. Then I wanted to just go in and tell them I'm alive even though they haven't seen me in almost three weeks. I hope they don't think I gave up! They probably haven't even noticed my absence, but my personal trainer was always asking about my progress. I guess I could have gone swimming there today, but part of the perk of having an outdoor pool in my apartment complex is the ability to get a tan while working out.

So now I have a funny tan and I'm convinced the gym employees think I'm dead.

Weight: 174
Mood: I wanna work outtttttt

2 comments:

  1. Yay! 10 more lbs and you'll have caught my pre-pregnancy weight =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully by the time you guys get down here I'll be around 10-20lbs lighter. :)

    ReplyDelete