Monday, July 5, 2010

Soooooo slow

I feel like I am crawling towards the finish line some weeks! I'm still steadily losing, but I want it to just hurry up already! I know it takes time, losing weight fast in unhealthy, blah blah blah, but I'm getting impatient. I've been sticking to my diet for the most part during the week with no problem, but then the weekend rolls around and I stuff my face. I guess it's not as bad as I'm making it out to seem, but every time I eat white bread or drink a beer, I start thinking about sugar turning to fat. I think I might be insane. It's entirely likely. :)

I suppose I should give up alcohol, that's what seemed to do the trick for me last time, but it's so hard when all I look forward to on Friday nights is kicking back and having a few beers. I enjoy my one night a week where I can do that. This has me so distraught I am making run-on sentences! Gah! Having all you can eat tickets for the Rangers 4th of July game probably didn't help my case. I probably ate my weight in hot dogs (but I left out the bun!)and I'm having some residual guilt over it. I did work out extra hard today to make up for it.

A guy at work that's a workout junkie told me to stop doing heavy weights and stick to high reps, light weight. The workout plan I'm on pretty much dismisses that as a myth. On one hand, I feel like I have put on a ton of muscle and to an extent, that's a good thing. On the other hand, I do feel like it's halting my weight loss since muscle weighs so much more. I know the numbers on the scale don't mean much, it's all about how I look and feel but I feel like a cow still! Now I'm rambling! I think I'm just having a bad day. Maybe on Friday when I weigh myself I will feel better about everything.

Weight: 181
Mood: Blargh

2 comments:

  1. Where can I pick up a case of "Jeny's motivation"? I need a healthy dose.

    also..you rock, girl :) just sayin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I just realized how big I was getting and looked at some amazing old pictures of myself and decided it was time to make a change!

    ReplyDelete