Saturday, July 10, 2010

Pants Shopping

So like most larger girls, I absolutely hate shopping for clothes. Swimsuits are the worst, but pants come in at a close second. The jeans I have been wearing the past few months are literally falling off of me, so it was time to get some new ones. Luckily, the boy's parents gave me a Macy's gift card for my birthday so I had some money to spend!

The last time I went pants shopping was actually my inspiration for beginning the whole weight loss thing, so I was slightly dreading it. My boyfriend was with me and I promised him I would make it fast because apparently I took forever last time (I was holding back my tears from being in the plus size section!). I had to settle for 16s last time. They were a little big, but I couldn't squeeze my ass into 14s. It resulted in me being miserable and sulky for a few days until I decided to do something about it.

This time, I was able to shop in the normal section (yay!) and I picked out a few pairs in both 14s and 12s (I was hopeful!), but I knew I would probably have to settle for the larger size. I went into the fitting room and decided to get my hopes and dreams dashed right away. I pulled out the 12s, slid them on and...buttoned them. Easily. After doing a few victory fist pumps, I quickly put the others back and paid for my small jeans (and they were on sale woo!). I had a bit of money left over and my boyfriend suggested I get a shirt or something to go with it, but instead, I opted to save the remaining balance for a pair of 10s in a few months! Go me! :D

Weight: 179
Mood: freaking happy

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!!!! i had a similar experience: I went pants shopping, and got a size 8, thinking I'd be ecstatic if those fit, and ended up asking the lady for a size 6. are you kidding me? I haven't worn a six since middle school, I'm pretty sure. Good work, keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete