Thursday, June 16, 2011

Goals, goals, goals!

So many important goals were hit this week! First off, I decided to go shopping for shorts. This in itself is a milestone in my life since I generally refuse to wear them. Not only do I think they are uncomfortable, but they show off my cottage cheese hamhocks a bit too much. Unfortunately, I live in Dallas and it's 120 degrees outside in summer (or feels like it anyway) and I can't get away with jeans much longer. I went to Old Navy and tried on several pairs of shorts (size 10 like my jeans have been) and they fit pretty well. On a whim, I decided to pick up a pair of 8 jeans to see if they fit. When I first started losing weight, my goal was an 8. Lo and behold...they fit. Perfectly. You can imagine that my first instinct was to take a picture.


In addition to that, my trainer and I have decided to start our own independent training business. She has been training me from the time we started working together to be a trainer and now I actually have BUSINESS CARDS. Yeah, it's official. I know what I'm doing and I'm going to get other people in shape. I'll be getting certified in August when the next community college session starts. So, if you live in the Dallas area and would like a personal trainer...here I am! I'm taking clients right away. :D

I'd still like to continue losing weight and size since my weight is still high. It's mostly muscle mass now but I have a bit of fat left that needs to shrink. My NEW goal is a size 6 and around 17% body fat. I know I can do it!

1 comment: