Sunday, May 22, 2011

More Advanced Fat Burning Cardio!

Here is what I have been doing the last week, with awesome results!

First, I set the incline to 1% on the treadmill to simulate outdoor difficulty.
5 minute warmup walk
90 seconds of running (moderate pace)
30 seconds of sprinting (as fast as I can maintain)
repeat 10x for a total of 20 minutes
Then, I set the speed to 3.5mph and incline 5%.
Walk 5 minutes 
For the next 25 minutes, I drop the speed by .1 and raise the incline by 1% every 5 minutes

I've been doing this 3x a week, with the stairclimber and elliptical on the fat burner setting the other 2 days.

1 comment:

  1. I do the fast walk / sprint thing on the treadmill too. I attempt to go 25 minutes or sometimes 30 when I'm feeling full of energy, but damn if that doesn't get hard after 10 minutes!

    ReplyDelete