Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Life Changes

It's been about a year since I first started working out (I didn't go hardcore until January, but I started walking and biking at my apartment gym last November). I can't believe how much better I look and feel! I almost have something resembling confidence (let's not get carried away here) and I can walk up stairs without getting winded.

Today I finished Week 3 Day 1 of the Couch to 5K Running Program. I had tried several times to get past week 2 and was never able to! I can't believe how easy today seemed in comparison to my previous running attempts. I had this vision of myself crossing the finish line of a marathon and it just inspired me to keep going! It's totally cheesy but it worked. I can't wait to be able to call myself a runner (Who the hell is typing this? Certainly not me).

I also got two new apps for my phone. One is ExerTime, which times cardio and has a loadable C25K timer which yells at me when it's time to run or walk. It's awesome. The other is MyFitnessPal, which is a calorie counter. It's helped me get past my two month plateau and lose another pound. I also can see how bad my weekend drinking is impacting my weight loss. No wonder it's going so slow when I down beer on the weekend!

Mood: excited
Weight: 168

No comments:

Post a Comment